ELC’s experts and reports are often featured in news media on a variety of subjects relating to environmental law. Below is a very small sampling of articles. For information about specific ELC reports, please see Our Work.
- BC holds only $1 million security for up to $100-million cleanup of Tulsequah Chief mine (2020 Aug 21) Province
- Lessons from the plague: An approach to climate change (2020 Aug 7) Times Colonist
- Coalition calls for public input on environmental framework for Saanich Peninsula (2020 Jul 28) Victoria News
- Common fire retardants killing firefighters, UVic report says (2020 May 15) Vancouver Sun
- BC Court dismisses complaint over environmental assessment exemption for fracking dams (2020 May 6) Lawyer’s Daily
- BC taxpayers on the hook for $1.2 billion in mine cleanup costs: chief inspector report (2020 Mar 6) Narwhal
- UVic’s Environmental Law Centre, 24 years strong (2020 Mar 5) Focus Magazine
- BC must act to protect spawning beaches (2020 Feb 23) Times Colonist
- Esquimalt’s expenses for ongoing oil-spill cleanup top $50,000 (2020 Feb 1) Times Colonist
- The right to roam BC’s back roads to access Crown land (2020 Jan 6) CFAX 1070 interview with Calvin Sandborn
- Body cams, more oversight for conservation officers, says group upset over BC bear killings (2020 Jan 3) Tri-City News
- British Columbians fight US billionaire for the ‘right to roam’ in the wild (2019 Dec 13) Vancouver Sun
- BC must act now on single-use plastics (2019 Dec 1) Times Colonist
- The problem with bears in our backyards isn’t a bear problem at all; it’s a human one (2019 Nov 29) Globe and Mail
Click on the headings below to see past news reports relating to the ELC.